Sunday 4 March 2012

More owls? And a small plea....

Patches & Co recently attended our first market stalls. The first was at the Riverfront Theatre in Newport for Sessions Open Mic & Boutique night. It was a great evening to attend as it also coincided with the Ffresh film festival so was buzzing with film fanatics and film students.
We then attended the Jacobs Market 'Be Kind Rewind' organised vintage-craft fair. Complete with tea and cakes for 60p a go (yay for the vintage prices!) and Lindyhop dance sessions!
One of the benefits of the stalls has been to see what the good- old-fashioned way of selling is like. It has been fun! Also it has been really nice to meet other traders and get some inside tips on what they find effective and what other events are around. We would like to do more.
I've now sold out of owl cushions! I'm actually thinking of not buying anymore.Well that's not true-I will be selling more but BETTER ones! I really want Patches & Co to be a platform for selling products with principles. So ideally I would like to exclusively sell items that are handmade in the UK or from ethical and fair trade producers. I always intended to move in this direction and now that I am building more direct contacts with designers it seems like the ideal time.I'd really appreciate some feedback on this so please get in touch or comment on here.
Looking forward to stocking more things from Finest Imaginary soon too.
Oh, and more beauties are on their way!!
If you make great owl cushions or anything you think would look good on my site and you'd like to do business with me and the pup please get in touch!

Before I go one final small plea to friends! I need your support! I can't do all of this without a few more sales. So if you would like to support a small business who is trying to do something interesting and with sound principles please buy something from my site! Prices range from just £3-£18. So they won't break the bank but they will put a smile on someones face :)
Thank you!
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment